Waterline Challenge - 12th to 18th November 2018

Sail Boat
JD State Championship 2017 - Perth

About Us

The Waterline Challenge is an Australia wide event, which raises money to assist those who face adversity. The Waterline Challenge is the brainchild of Julian Day who himself is a three time survivor of childhood brain cancer.

The Waterline Challenge is to circumnavigate Australia's entire coastline, including rivers, lakes, and islands during the week of the 12th to 18th November 2018.

Being for everyone, we encourage involvement from people of all walks of life and with as much creativity as you can imagine: walk, run, kayak, sail, pedal, swim, row, skate, horse ride the waterlines of Australia. Belonging, feeling part of something is key to creating real change.

How the Waterline Challenge Works

You participate as a team of between three and ten (for safety reasons). In 2018 the first 5,000 registrations are free, after which the registration cost is $30 +GST per team member. Every participant is asked to raise a minimum of $200. We encourage you to gain sponsorship from family, friends, work, and clubs. The team decides the section of waterline (coast, rivers, lakes, islands) and how far they will travel, the direction they will follow, and their mode of travel.

The local regional controller in your area must sanction the route that is selected in order to ensure the safety of the participants.

The Waterline Challenge Difference

From the funds raised 100% (less just 1.4% transaction fee) will go to your choice of charity, water quality, environmental and ecological projects. You can support any one of up to 20 different charities. 80% of the funds that you and your team raise goes to this nominated charity, the remaining 20% will be distributed amongst our major charity partners; Cure Brain Cancer Foundation, Australian Marine Conservation Society, Surf Life Saving Australia, Royal Flying Doctor Service and a host of national initiatives for water quality and environmental projects.